OK, so I haven't blogged in over a month. Lame, I know.
Let's see, what's been going on... Jonathan, my husband, has been working out of town for the last 2.5 months or so, but has been in town for the last couple of weeks, which has been nice. Alison and I were in our own little routine, but definitely missing him..... I applied for a new position here at work mid-June. I went through two interviews in July, and found out today that I didn't get it. Sure, I wanted the job, but I'm really OK. I'll just keep my eye out for the next thing to come along.... Spent a wonderful day scrapping (13 hours!!) w/my good friend Steph this past Saturday. I always have a great time w/her!....Have planned my and Jonathan's 10th-anniversary trip - we'll be gone during Labor Day week to Myrtle Beach. I'm really looking fwd to it! - Alison will stay w/my mom during that week - I'm sure she'll hit some rough spots of missing us, but I think she'll do OK.....Am having a tea party w/Alison, her stuffed animals, and my mom on Saturday. It'll be so fun! :) .... And Jonathan and I are hanging out, eating, drinking, and playing Wii w/some friends that evening. Yay!
And here's a fun quiz I found on Jen Waters' blog:
1. What kind of SOAP is in your bathtub right now? Suave body wash and Lever 2000 soap
2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? No
3. What would you change about your living room? Make it bigger? I might make mine a bit wider. Our living room is actually a finished basement – we have a ranch-style house, so this room is long and narrow.
4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? Clean
5. What is in your fridge? Beer, Wine, Condiments, juice, leftovers, yogurt
6. White or wheat bread? Wheat
7. What is on top of your refrigerator? Bottles of medicine
8. What color or design is on your shower curtain? Blue w/a marbled pattern running through it. I really need to get a new shower curtain. I’ve had this one for like 10 years.
9. How many plants are in your home? A few. Some alive, some hanging on by a thread, and some dead.
10. Is your bed made right now? Nope.
11. Comet or Soft Scrub? I'm going to go with Comet.
12. Is your closet organized? Yes, but I realized this morning that I probably need to go through it again, and put together some bags to give away.
13. Can you describe your flashlight? We have a big black and a big yellow one, and we have a small red one.
14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home? Plastic.
15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? No.
16. If you have a garage, is it cluttered? There’s a LOT of stuff – but it’s fairly organized. I need to go through it soon, too.
17. Curtains or blinds? Blinds are what I have, but I’d prefer either different ones, or some pretty curtains.
18. How many pillows do you sleep with? Two.
19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night? No, although I often fall asleep with the TV on.
20. How often do you vacuum? Around once a week.
21. Standard toothbrush or electric? Standard.
22. What color is your toothbrush? Blue and white.
23. Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch? Not on the porch, b/c we don’t use the front door a lot. But we do have a welcome mat downstairs, at the door we actually use.
24. What is in your oven right now? Nothing.
25. Is there anything under your bed? We have a bed that has drawers under it, so there are clothes stored under our bed.
26. Chore you hate doing the most? Not sure….
27. What retro items are in your home? Our kitchen table is the same one that was in my grandparents’ house as my mom was growing up. I still use some of my mom’s childhood dressers, too.
28. Do you have a separate room that you use as an office? Yes – our computer/desk, my scrap area, and most of my clothes are in this room.
29. How many mirrors are in your home? Four.
30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? Nope.
31. What color are your walls? Most walls are cream-colored. Part of the kitchen walls are a light olive green, and our bedroom walls are a light yellow.
32. Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home? No.
33. What does your home smell like right now? I haven’t noticed.
34. Favorite candle scent? I usually like clean scents, like Rainkissed Leaves from Bath & Body Works.
35. What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now? Dill.
36. What color is your favorite Bible? Mine is maroon.
37. Ever been on your roof? No.
38. Do you own a stereo? Yes - two.
39. How many TVs do you have? Four.
40. How many house phones? Three
41. Do you have a housekeeper? No.
42. What style do you decorate in? I don’t really have a style. “Functional” would be the best word I can think of – especially when there’s a child and three dogs involved.
43. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? Mostly solids.
44. Is there a smoke detector in your home? Yes.
45. In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you'd grab if you only could make one quick trip? My camera and memory cards, and my boxes of photos
A Week in the Life. Thursday. 12.2.2010
7 years ago